MERROW RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION   your community voice for over 50 years

         Home

IMAGES OF MERROW

Click on images for more information
Park Gates And Lodge 1904, West Clandon
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
Clandon Park Gates 1904 (Merrow side)

Click for more photographs of Clandon Park Gates 2011.

Merrow, 1906.  (Neg. 55640)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
St. John's Church and The Old Farmhouse, Epsom Road.


Merrow, the Forge 1913.  (Neg. 65231)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
The Old Forge 1913.


Merrow, the Forge 1927.  (Neg. 79918x)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
The Forge / Petrol Station c1927.


Merrow, The Horse and Groom 1911.  (Neg. 63156)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
The Horse & Groom 1911.


Merrow, Hotel and Church 1927.  (Neg. 79924)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.


Merrow, St. Johns Church 1927.  (Neg. 79925)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
St. John's Church 1927.


Merrow, Post Office c1955.  (Neg. M66022)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
The Post Office c1955.


Merrow, Epsom Road c1955.  (Neg. M66008)   Copyright The Francis Frith Collection 2008. http://www.francisfrith.com
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.



The Queen's Coronation fancy dress parade, in High Path Road in June 1953,
Kay Shaw (Ne Richards) and brother Jack Richards are in the middle of the photo,
dressed as the pearly King and Queen.


Merrow Lake in 1927.
Viewed from the Clandon side looking towards Merrow Common Road and Lake View Cottage. GU4 7BJ
Google Street View

THE FORGE
F. Gould, R.S.S.
FARRIER & GENERAL SMITH
Gas, Water & Electric Bell Fitter.
Original site now occupied by BP Garage. Photo believed to have been taken 1920s.
National Trust, Clandon Park collection